…HR ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob – CEO
The 2016 Rio Olympics are just around the corner, and if you want your talent organization to run like an Olympic team, you will quickly realize that recruiting top-tier talent is the key to bringing home the gold. A top-tier sourcing organization cannot grow without social, community, recruitment marketing and mobile recruiting. And if you are growing your organization with only mediocre recruiting results, this has already damaged your company’s future.
Today your sourcing efforts should include leveraging all top social channels to secure talent for your positions. Adding new “New School” sourcing strategies, which includes Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and mobile, along with building your Talent Communities, employee leverage and recruitment marketing, will help your search to find your very best talent (passive and active). The result from an ROI perspective will dramatically expand your reach for candidates and lower your overall recruiting costs.
What I do want you to focus on is looking at your recruiting through the lens of your candidates.
But here is the rub…
- Many recruiters I speak with just don’t know how to use new recruiting techniques to find candidates.
- Or they can’t prove to their management what the ROI is for these new recruiting techniques.
- Or they have allowed their marketing departments to run the HR candidate engagement.
But if you are serious about recruiting, then you have to tighten up your ability to find and target the highly sought-after passive candidates. You must start with a new “Gold Medal’ recruiting strategy.
- Fully know your recruiting targets, and where they are hanging out online, in communities that exist already, specificly social channels or on mobile.
- Then visually and through content show your ideal candidate what makes working for your organization exciting. Why would a candidate want to work at your company?
- Make a list of your organization’s top job selling features and promote them.
- Develop stories for blogging, sharing and that have a buzz-factor and become talked about.
- Get your hiring managers and employees involved in your tough-to-fill career recruiting. Use videos and place them on your career site and create a career channel for your HR brand on YouTube. YouTube has more than 1 billion users and is a hidden opportunity for talent acquisition professionals.
Top-tier candidates are increasingly no longer just using job boards (Indeed, Simply Hired, Monster, CareerBuilder). With just 333+ million LinkedIn members compared to Facebook’s 1.3 billion, many of your Gen Y passive candidates may have never even used LinkedIn or posted their profile there, since it is billed as a professional networking site.
- Did you know Time Magazine reported that the average person on Facebook spends over 40 minutes a day, or a total of 12 days per month on Facebook?
- Did you know that 33 percent of all Google searches are now done on a mobile or tablet device?
- If you are not using Facebook, Twitter and Google+ along with mobile for your recruiting, you are missing an ocean of candidates. Today there are over 3.5 billion profiles in the key social channels.
Moving forward, talent acquisition strategy and tactics are the key to executing a successful next-generation recruiting plan.
Also, analytic evidence proves that your candidates today do not expect to be forced back to your career site pages to find the jobs that are relevant and of interest to them. Instead, candidates expect your recruiting will drive preferred jobs directly to where and when your best candidates want them, whether on the web, social, communities and on mobile.
Are you delivering job posts and conversations automatically to social networks, your communities and onto mobile? Are your jobs effectively categorized on your career sites so your candidates can easily and efficiently find them? Can you candidate search, view and apply to your jobs on mobile?
SourceMob’s suite of career solutions enables corporate talent acquisition professionals to speak directly to your candidate audience wherever they are online, in social, communities and through mobile. Our clients quickly begin (in less than 60 days) to see a positive ROI as they tap into a new form of successful recruiting, because we distribute relevant job content, conversations and engagements directly to your candidates. Using these new recruiting innovations has proven to lower your cost per apply and hire compared to the cost and time to fill of old-school recruiting techniques.
Additionally, at SourceMob we build your own Social and Mobile Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and make all of the pages mobile responsive. And we do this without involving your IT team and their budget, or your HR management resources. In fact, SourceMob’s solutions basically run on autopilot.
I’d recommend that we set up a time over the phone where we can get to know your specific talent acquisition objectives. With that understanding we can begin to design a new state-of-the art recruitment program that will fit your company’s unique situation and strategy.
To learn more check out our video at SourceMob.com. For a virtual presentation simply ring us up at 952-417-6955 or email me at email@example.com. Check out our upcoming free webinars at www.sourcemob.com/events.
Looking forward to hearing from you,