…ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob – CEO
The 2013 Candidate Behavior Study revealed a significant disconnect between what candidates expect during their job search / apply process and what employers deliver.
Acquiring top talent will be more competitive in 2014 than ever before. In order to keep up, you may want to consider refining your HR strategy. Use the following key findings to drive your talent acquisition efforts in the year ahead:
1. Career sites and Web-based hiring systems must be mobile-optimized to attract top talent
- 65 percent of workers who search for jobs on mobile devices will leave a career website if it is not mobile-optimized and 40 percent of them will walk away having negative opinions of the company.
- At least half of job seekers on mobile devices spend three or more hours searching for jobs via those devices every week (49 percent on smart phones and 59 percent on tablets)
2. Your brand and reputation are the most important aspect of attracting talent
- 68 percent of candidates said they would accept a lower salary if the employer made a good impression during the hiring process. However, 29 percent of job seekers do not think that employers effectively explain why their company is a great place to work.
- 67 percent of job seekers said they would accept a lower salary if the company had exceptionally positive reviews online. In addition, 65 percent said the same thing regarding companies with recent positive publicity.
3. Employer branding is everything
- Nearly half (46 percent) of workers said that a company’s employment brand plays a huge role in their decision to apply for a job within the organization; another 45 percent said that it plays somewhat of a role.
4. Don’t ignore your candidates
- 62 percent of applicants said that many of the companies they have applied to have not been responsive. Many complain of not receiving a response at all!
At SourceMob we help our clients navigate through the tough Talent Acquisition waters. We have more than 25 innovative Social, Mobile, Communication and Talent Community recruiting solutions. We also provide the analytical backbone so that you know your on-demand Return on Recruiting Investment (RORI™).
To get help with your 2014 Talent Acquisition strategy, visit sourcemob.com, give me a ring at 612-349-2740 or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best regards for a healthy and successful 2014.