…HR ideas from Jeffery Giesener – CEO – SourceMob.com
Over this past year, I have been sharing ideas on how to help grow your Social HR Business. I believe that social recruiting is not just about pushing jobs onto Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn. But it’s about socializing and monetizing all of your HR marketing channels like your Career site, social career channels,, Pinterest, Instagram, email, PPC/SEO, Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Mobile platforms,. Essentially driving your HR engagement to wherever your candidates are online. This also means leveraging your employees to fill your tough-to-recruit-for positions.
At the core of making your recruiting successful, we have discovered an inherent weakness. What is it? Cutting right to the point…and I apologize for my bluntness…
- Your job content is too hard to find
- Your jobs are to hard to apply for
Ask yourself why should it takes multiple clicks for your candidate to find the content and jobs they want apply for?
In a nutshell, that’s your market problem and it most likely exists in every HR marketing channel you have. Then making matters worse, ERE.net reports that on average 70% of opened applications in your ATS funnel never get closed. Ouch! What is your specific ATS abandonment rate? Do you know?
I would suggest you do your own user-experience testing both (desktop/laptop/ mobile) and if you are not satisfied with your user-experience determine its causation? But finding out what the cause is isn’t enough you got to fix it.
I sense the problems identified will bubble up into a few catchall buckets.
- Problems with inflexible IT departments, career site navigation, Career site development issues, links that are not working or slow response rates for loading your pages.
- Problems with your Internal Job Search. The Career site is just not user friendly for your candidates. Was it built by your recruiters or for your candidates? What is in it for your candidates to apply?
- Problems emanating from internal channel silos, channel infighting and lack of cross-channel internal communications with your Marketing or Communications Departments. Who owns your analytics?
- Problems with allowing your Marketing and/or Web Development Departments to control your Career site. Would you have them hiring your employees too?
To be great you need to simplify…
Your Vision should be to simplify engagement, conversations along with hiring process for your candidates. Remember, I said candidates not recruiters. Your Mission is to get candidates what they want, where they want it, when they want it and make it easy for them to share your content with their friends and family on any web, community, social and mobile platform including all of your HR marketing channels and employee networks. When you do you will get your applies and hires especially from passive candidates. And you should do all of this without the need of your IT department, their resources, time or money to accomplish success.
You HR Brand will stand out in your market.
I invite you to protect your recruiting business by focusing on what counts and that is your candidates and their recruiting experience. Here is what you have gain:
- Reduce competitive treats. Is your competitive recruiters fishing for candidates in your employee ocean?
- Avoid expensive defection costs
- Save depletion of your hiring budget without optimizing your hiring process
I would welcome the opportunity to personally to discuss your HR strategies and tactical executions. Simply ring me up at 952-417-6955 or email me at email@example.com
ABOUT SOURCEMOB: SourceMob integrates Internet, social, talent community and mobile recruiting solutions to help talent acquisition professionals recruit the very best candidates for tough-to-fill positions. SourceMob’s IT, Analytics and HR Media Services distributes job content and conversations providing a job posting springboard to over 3.5 million candidate profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and all of the major search engines. We help you engage with your candidates and capture niche Passive candidates. Our solutions also enable Mobile Quick Apply and candidate application management services to create efficiencies and lower recruiting costs.
Looking forward to hearing from you,