Is Your Business About to Hit a Speed Bump?
In just the last two weeks we’ve spoken with over 30 different e-tailers including 5 of the “Internet Retailer Top 50” about their challenges in developing their Social Business. Our Surround-Sound marketing approach to building Social Business is resonating with these merchants so well I thought I would share what the triggers were that made these companies engage with us, want to learn more about it and sign on.
We Listen, We Apply, We Deliver
The question posed repeatedly by many of these merchants was, “How are we succeeding in driving Social Business?” The simple answer is that we are not a cookie-cutter SaaS application. And, we are not all things to all businesses. We listen to your specific needs as a unique business. We apply our extensive online/social knowledge and expertise to your specific situation. And, we deliver your unique Social Business solution with our flexible Surround-Sound marketing toolset.
When you hire ShoppeSimple, you hire a team of experts along with our technology. This tailored approach is the essence of how we help your business succeed. We leverage our unique go-to-market expertise, apply our Surround-Sound Social Business™ solutions to any of your off/online marketing channels and help you maximize your results.
Now, I am sure you are also reading these financial headlines… I am sure your customer is too.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Stocks ended a dismal quarter with heavy losses Friday as investors remain worried about the debt crisis in Europe and the outlook for global economic growth.
Friday 9/30/2011, The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU ) fell 240 points, or 2.1%, to close at 10,913. The S&P 500 (SPX) slid 30 points, or 2.5%, to 1,131. The Nasdaq Composite (COMP) fell 65 points, or 2.6%, to 2,415.
The losses capped the biggest quarterly drop for the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq since the fourth quarter of 2008. The S&P 500 lost 14% and the Nasdaq fell 13% over the last three months.
So, how are you preparing for the Holidays? More importantly, how are your customers preparing for the Holidays? Will they regain their spending confidence in time for this critical shopping season?
I posed these questions because, not surprisingly, economic weakness was a common concern that was raised in these discussions. Establishing real alternative revenue streams to fill any projected gap in revenue became a huge discussion topic as these merchants planned for the upcoming Holiday season.
New alternative revenue streams revealed
- Merchants saw how they can optimize or reduce their ad spend in many of their current marketing channels using Surround-Sound marketing methods
- Merchants learned how they can socialize marketing channels by building on-the-fly landing pages that give consumers the ability to pre-select relevant content that improves overall performance
- Merchants saw how they can deploy powerful social sharing tools to capture new social databases for their businesses that create viral sharing potential extending their social marketing reach
- Merchants learned how Surround-Sound Marketing eliminates the need for any of their own IT resources to implement and maintain. Nor is it necessary to place any code on a website (a critical website lockdown hurdle for marketers in the Holiday season).
From one merchant we heard . . .
Does this also resonate with you?
Optimize, Socialize and Monetize All Channels
From our seat, social business is not just about conversing with consumers on Facebook and Twitter. It’s also not just about putting a Facebook or Twitter share icon on your website and in your emails.
To build your Social Business with Surround-Sound Marketing you must optimize, socialize and monetize all existing on/off-line channels. This includes Catalog, Retail, PPC/SEO, Email, Shopping Cart and Checkout, Affiliate, Facebook, Twitter, Digital Coupons/Bar Codes/QR codes, MyHome Website Pages and mobile. All channels must to be socialized to effectively maximize the power of your Social Business.
When done correctly, your Social Business should effectively lower Cost Per Order per socialized channel AND create incremental revenue from each channel socialized. Surround-Sound Social Marketing is unique for every merchant but the positive incremental effects are the same regardless of the industry.
A Few Tips for Doing it Right
- Enable consumers to more easily choose what content they want to see from you and where they want to see it. Surround Sound Marketing is about giving consumers relevant content wherever they are and enabling them to share it more broadly with their personal contacts. Think laser accuracy. Think consumer experience. Think viral.
The age of wetting consumers with a fire hose of unwanted offers is over. It’s time to bury that marketing execution. It’s prehistoric and its days are numbered.
- Your Social Business needs the ability to distribute any form of content and social conversations with one simple click to any social or mobile destination. This is where most companies struggle as it’s not an IT issue. It’s a Surround-Sound Marketing issue that requires nimble technology.
- Demand analytics that display results in real time and help you see that your Social Business is providing true incremental gains for your business. Done right, Surround-Sound Marketing will add value to your consumer’s experience so they add value to your bank account.
A ShoppeSimple Offer to Help
Working with ShoppeSimple Surround-Sound Marketing gives your Social Business the marketing agility you have been searching for. Just imagine if you could free up your IT marketing queue AND still give your marketing department the horsepower it needs to drive their own marketing initiatives.
To overcome your speed bump we invite you to protect your Holiday business by testing ShoppeSimple. We absolutely guarantee your satisfaction or you don’t pay us a dime, so what do you have to lose?
To have the ShoppeSimple Team personally help your business for the holiday simply give me a ring at 612-349-2740 or email me personally by clicking here.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!