…HR ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob.com – CEO
Gunslingers just like in the “old time” westerns are more than willing to fight it out than follow the pack. This is clearly evident when you look at the current internal fight for social and mobile recruiting resources (dollars and people) within recruiting organizations.
Gunslingers fight with new bullets like:
- Recruiting efforts that speak to candidates where they are on social, web, and communities or on mobile.
- Enabling candidates to passively follow jobs and conversations in their social networks of choice.
- Real-time conversations with recruiters on social and mobile career pages not just on corporate marketing pages.
- Allowing a candidate to easily view jobs on their mobile devices.
- Making it really simply and easy to directly apply to your jobs from their smartphones and Tablets.
So let’s identify who are non-Gunslingers and see if you have them in your Talent Acquisition Team? Gals and or guys who with the best of intentions and without knowing it could be preventing your organization from succeeding with social and mobile recruiting. I mean no disrespect here to people working hard in your organization.
Leadership who says…
- NO before yes.
- “OH you want this new innovation, then which recruiting process do you want to take out of the queue”.
- They can’t handle any more candidate applications or don’t have a way to manage these applications. They are typically the first to block an innovation trial.
- We haven’t tested our career candidate experience in a year. Worse, they haven’t tested their mobile apply process?
- We haven’t spent time looking at campaign analytics or know our real-time cost per apply or hire.
So who in you talent organization are your non-Gunslingers? Do your Gunslingers out number them? I doubt it! If a Gunslinger stands up, slams the table and says I am fed up with the “old school traditional” recruiting approaches we have been using. Why can’t we jump into social and mobile recruiting? What are we waiting for? Will they be supported? Will your culture defeat them? Will they punished for rocking your cultural boat? Will your marketing department beat them down?
As Leaders what will YOU do about it? Sit on the sidelines or jump in and add your support?
I often get asked…how do I integrate social and mobile recruiting into my recruiting organization? Well it’s easier and quicker than you believe. Let me help you.
To learn more about SourceMob check out our video at sourcemob.com. For a virtual presentation simply ring me up at 952-807-8364 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT SOURCEMOB: SourceMob links Internet, social, talent community and mobile recruiting solutions to help talent acquisition professionals recruit the very best candidates for tough-to-fill positions. SourceMob software distributes job content and conversations providing a job posting springboard to over 3.5 million candidate profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and all of the major search engines. Our solutions also enable Mobile Quick Apply and candidate application management services to create efficiencies and lower recruiting costs.
Looking forward to hearing from you,