…ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob.com – CEO
- When was the last time you upgraded your Applicant Tracking Technology and added links to Social Channels?
- In 2013 are you adding Career pages in Social Channels (no longer just hanging jobs on your Corporate Social pages)?
- When are you planning to Mobile enable your Career pages and delivery of jobs to mobile platforms?
If you are not working on any or all of the above in Q1 2013, then your Talent Acquisition is still stuck in the First Generation of Social and Mobile recruiting.
Certainly there are many social and mobile recruiting solutions in the market today, and for sure many more to come, but how do you know which Social and Mobile solutions will be the best for your business? How do you know how to filter out the weak ones, the ones that are not a great fit, the ones that will integrate with what you already own and the new solutions you should purchase?
Seven questions to ask…
- How will I understand the ROI and our defection rates from our ATS and the Social and Mobile solutions put in place? I want this to be easy to understand not like forcing me to fly a rocket ship.
- How do our solutions integrate with the many other SaaS recruiting solutions already in place and at what cost?
- Do we have our own branded Career Social and Mobile pages created so that Candidates will see our jobs not only on my Career Social and Mobile pages, but also on their own social pages (Why do this?…because in the worlds of Social and Mobile, Candidates are in control and want jobs and conversations to come to them.)
- Do we provide Social and Mobile links on our Corporate Career pages to let Candidates know that we do have social and mobile career pages?
- How do we provide an effective social experience for our Candidates (i.e. categorized job titles, locations, certifications and present our jobs so Candidates can search easily, not just post chronologically).
- Do our solutions enable Candidates to directly apply on their mobile devices and tablets?
- Do we allow Candidates to follow our jobs passively and anonymously on Social and Mobile channels?
The above points give you the starting point on developing your Second Generation Social and Mobile recruiting plan. They will also help your team weed out SaaS solutions that do not stand up to the Second Generation of Social and Mobile recruiting.
Deploying the right technology…
So you see, by asking the right questions and then deploying the best technology recruiting solutions to fit your needs, finding Candidates who are looking for your jobs through Social and Mobile channels, will be easier than you think.
For more tips and ideas give me a call at 612-349-2740 or email me at email@example.com