…ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob – CEO • 2/26/14
When physicians focus on the positives of Botox™ injections, do they minimize the risks and exaggerate the need for its continued use? Is this their hook? Recently, a physician described a Botox™ procedure as “a few virtually painless injections and the lines across your forehead or around your eyes will disappear.”
Unfortunately, many prospects I have met with seem to think that it is perfectly fine to keep all of their “recruiting wrinkles.”
Here are some “recruiting wrinkles” I have heard…
- “As long as our career website exists and the ATS can take resumes, it must be working for us.”
- “As long as candidates are not complaining, there’s no need to worry.”
- “I know that many candidates visiting our site on mobile are defecting…but let’s worry about that next year.”
Do You Need A Recruiting Botox™ Injection or a Facelift? Ask yourself these FOUR questions:
- When was the last time you gave your career website and recruiting strategies a wellness check up?
- When was the last time you did a physical exam of your recruiting process?
- Like your mobile candidates, have you tried to apply to your jobs using a mobile device? What were your findings? Was it painful?
- Have you communicated with candidates that are parked in your ATS, waiting to be contacted?
Seven out of ten companies I speak with answer “NO” or “TOO LONG” to these questions.
Those that answered “NO” or “TOO LONG” are probably providing their valued candidates a career site and application process that would sure look better with some plastic surgery.
If you can’t see where you’re going, it might be easier to keep your recruiting efforts in park. If you are not keeping up with traffic, pull over to the shoulder and let your best candidates pass you. They will all be in a rush to get to your competitor’s career site.
Do You Know Where To Go?
It is 2014! Step up and move your recruiting out of the early 2000s! These days, testing new innovations is the only way to push your social / mobile recruiting strategies forward. Do not limit yourself! There are powerful recruiting worlds of candidates beyond LinkedIn/CareerBuilder/Monster.
Bottom line: the “old school” recruiting methods aren’t enough anymore! Keep up with – or even help steer – the evolution of recruiting technology.
What Should You Do?
Do you know what social and mobile tools can help you recruit the best and brightest candidates today? Here’s a tip: learn from your candidates where and how they would like to be recruited. Use real-time messaging to communicate with those who currently apply through social and mobile. This type of interaction will put you right into your candidates’ space.
Does That Sound Risky? Guess What – It’s Safer Than You Think!
Which senior player in your organization will get this assignment? Will they be supported and embraced as a leader and guide for your social and mobile recruiting movement?
If You Don’t Want to Change Now, Then When!?
How would you like to…
- Improve the quality of your candidates?
- Increase the number of active and passive candidate applies?
- Reduce the time it takes to fill jobs?
- Fill your own Talent Community?
- Give mobile candidates a superior apply experience?
Now is the perfect time to get your new social and mobile recruiting “facelift.” Let me educate you on the latest innovative social and mobile recruiting practices.
I would personally welcome the opportunity to get to know your business and help you make the best decision. Where do you see your recruiting strategies going? To discuss your 2014/2015 recruiting objectives, email me at email@example.com, call me at 612-349-2740, or click here for more information.