…ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob.com – CEO
What is a Talent Community?
It is a database encapsulating a group (or segments) of both active and passive job candidates that need to be captured, engaged with, nurtured, and converted into applies and hires. Of course this all starts with an effective communication strategy, which defines your different candidate segments.
Do you have a Talent Community(s)?
If not, you need to begin putting the build of candidate communities on your radar screen today. This blog will help you start.
How do you build Talent Communities? One-way is to use third-party solutions to help you accomplish not only the build of these communities, but also the communication engines that drive engagement success.
If you already have a Talent Community:
- How effective is it in converting candidates to applies/hires?
- How active are your communities?
- What else are you doing to keep community engagement going?
- How effective are your key candidates moving through your talent acquisition pipeline?
Driving Talent Community Conversion…
Let’s take a moment and look at a parallel from the world of ecommerce… How do etailers build customer pipelines and convert these consumers into buyers?
Ecommerce brands know how to find, nurture and convert consumers into buyers.
- They focus on their analytics and key performing metrics to understand what works and what doesn’t from the marketing plans.
- They know how to maximize consumer-to-buyer conversion.
- They know how to gain repeat purchases through micro-targeting.
Following the lessons of ecommerce companies provides all of us in the talent acquisition space tools that can be used to locate and turn candidates into applies and hires.
More Lessons For Recruiters…
As a consumer, I understand that you must often get tons of catalogs and emailed offers from the brands you follow and buy from. How did this relationship get started? It most likely it started with you opting into the relationship. Perhaps you opted in to get a sale offer, email, catalog or coupon which led to lead nurturing and, at a certain percent, into buyer conversion. Is it a coincidence that the more you buy, the more you receive engagement communications from these brands? Of course not!
So how does this happen? Well, you are in a specific segment of their prospect or buying community and they have put together a communication strategy to reach each segment in a slightly different, but highly relevant, way.
How do you know? Here is a case in point…If you wear petites, you would not want to see a sale on plus sizes. That would create prospect defection and be a total waste of ad capital. In order to maximize their prospect and buyer communities, these companies have determined their consumer segments just like you have with your various candidate audiences.
For instance, your Talent Community should have segments like:
- Candidates who have viewed your job posting
- Candidates who are following your jobs on social and mobile networks
- Candidates who have applied previously
- Candidates who have entered your ATS, but defected
- Candidates who have applied, but did not get hired, etc.
Like ecommerce, the idea is to drive your communications with these multiple candidate audiences and learn their respective behaviors. Then the next step is to drive relevant communications to these separate audiences.
- Before we go further, however, ask yourself if you have an HRIS solution that can place and position candidates into micro-targeted segments.
- Does your HRIS drive messaging through email, mobile and print media?
- Are you forced to have multiple databases where the information is contained? If you do, you need to fix this.
In addition, remember that your HRIS solution needs to be different than what your sales or market teams use. You need to have your very own Talent Community and CRM solutions that can drive micro-targeting for talent acquisition. Do not get tripped up by having marketing or IT convince you to join their IT solutions. They will not work for you, short to long term.
Candidate segmentation and executing communication campaigns around micro-targeting is the holy grail for maximizing the significant investment you have in Talent Acquisition.
You are spending tons of your job budget on job advertising (job ads, LinkedIn Recruiter seats, etc.). Why would you not want to have a solid strategy for candidate capture, nurturing, following up and 2-way engagement wherever candidates are online?
Join us tomorrow for a FREE LinkedIn Webinar to learn how to get more out of your recruiting on LinkedIn without it costing you more. To register, click the link below:
ABOUT SOURCEMOB: SourceMob links Internet, social, talent community and mobile recruiting solutions to help talent acquisition professionals recruit the very best candidates for tough-to-fill positions. SourceMob software distributes job content and conversations providing a job posting springboard to over 3.5 million candidate profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and all of the major search engines. Our solutions also enable Mobile Quick Apply and candidate application management services to create efficiencies and lower recruiting costs.
Looking forward to hearing from you,