- ADP reported that 92% of Fortune 1000 companies do not have a recruiting strategy.
- Kleiner Perkins reports that smartphone and Tablet growth has had a tremendous growth upside since only 29 percent of adults in the U.S. own some kind of tablet, up from just 2 percent three years ago.
- The expensive cost of a “Quick Quit” is three times the Hire’s salary.
Does your Company have a formal Recruiting Strategy? If you are in that 92 % of the firms in the Fortune 1000, you don’t, according to APD. Without an effective strategy are you flying blind?
Something to think about…In 1996 Amazon launched with a laser sharp strategy to sell books online. The large brick-n-mortar stars like Barnes and Nobile and Borders laughed at the idea. Recently Jeff Bezos spoke to Bloomberg and said at the beginning he had challenges raising his first million in funding. Today with a host of disruptive technologies at play, they are a $57 Billion company. Over $4 Billion is now being completed on a mobile platform. Who is laughing now? On the Bloomberg show, Bezos was asked about his entry into mobile phone or Tablet markets. He declined to comment, but you just know he has a strategy to enter it and he is all over it.
According to Kleiner, Mobile traffic has grown to 13 percent of Web traffic (up from 10 percent in their mid-year report) and, just in case you’re still looking for a Christmas present, they shared the fact that 43 percent of kids want an iPad and 36 percent want an iPad Mini. That’s for ages 6 to 12, meaning that the demand for tablets among young people continues to ramp and ramp fast.
What has 2012 taught us about Social and Mobile Recruiting?
- Connecting with the Passive Candidate is all about relevancy! That means reaching the right Candidate in the right place with the right and timely job post and conversation, so your brand communications are welcomed instead of a nuisance.
Candidates do have job choices when it comes for whom they will work for, especially Passive Candidates. And make no mistake about it, if you are not currently in the social and mobile recruiting space, your best Candidates will be finding and entering into recruiting conversations with your competitors.
- We also all know that most Talent advertising budgets are not endless – so, savvy Talent Acquisition Pros are turning to Business Intelligence, Analytics and the right social and mobile recruiting solutions to help them determine where to spend their recruiting dollars to hire the most desirable Candidates.
Using SourceMob’s Business Intelligence along with our SourceMob Recruiting Solutions will put you on solid footing to know your Candidate, what makes them apply and or follow your company’s job posts and conversations.
But none of this makes much sense if you can’t determine how to turn these applies into hires and make them stick.
Crunching the Data
It is well known that your employees are critical to the success of an effective recruiting process, but often employee referrals based on monetary rewards just don’t cut it anymore in the “Age of Skepticism.” But that doesn’t mean your employees do not want to help you fill your openings with the best Candidates. They do! That’s why Social and Mobile Recruiting done the right way, is the perfect answer to net Passive Candidates who you don’t know, but your employees do.
Triggering Social and Mobile Recruiting through your employee networks reduces costs and you will find that your new hires will stay with your company longer. Did you know that statistically, it costs more than 3 times the salary to replace a “Quick Quit?” A hire that leaves prematurely.
So to maximize the unique benefits of Social and Mobile Recruiting done the right way, give SourceMob a call. You will learn how you can deploy Social and Mobile Recruiting solutions that lower your Cost Per Hire and get more Passive Candidates to fit within your culture and stay long term.
Give me a ring at 612-349-2740 or email me at jeff@SourceMob.com for a virtual presentation.