…HR ideas from Jeffery Giesener – SourceMob – CEO
Mobile – Faster and Better Recruiting
The momentum and adoption of mobile media by candidates is scaling like never before. Today’s candidates are texting, talking, sharing, job hunting and watching company videos all on their mobile phones and Tablets. At the end of the day, mobile is all about communication.
A panel discussion I participated in last week inspired me to share these eight key ideas on optimizing the mobile experience for your candidates and your business:
1. Before you jump into mobile, ask yourself a few important questions: Who owns mobile within the Talent Acquisition team? How can you offer a unique mobile experience? Who should you work with? How can you stop mobile defection and drive new applicant flow? What can you do to drive continued mobile candidate engagement? What does your mobile future look like and how can you take advantage of the exploding mobile candidate adoption?
2. Get the mobile platform right. Companies know that building your mobile strategy is essential and they know the importance of working with the right partners.
3. Native apps: make sure you know what you are getting into. Before purchasing a native app product, consider the upgrade platform fees, ongoing maintenance fees and continued hidden marketing expense.
4. Native apps versus Mobile web. Why should you choose the latter? Mobile-optimized web works across all web-enabled devices, it is faster to launch, typically much less expensive, easier to update, and there is no native app functionality that the mobile web can’t provide. In addition, unlike a native app, your mobile users will not have to upgrade consistently. This will save you marketing dollars.
…Do you even know who your native app users are? Do you have permission to contact them?
5. Remember that a mobile platform is great tool for permission-based marketing but it is extremely sensitive to losing that permission.
6. Think about what career assets you have and how you can mobilize them. Make sure you make your career site mobile-friendly. Enable candidates to view your jobs without pinching and zooming. List career posts by category and make them mobile responsive. Give mobile candidates the opportunity to easily apply directly to your career posts.
7. Include “Why Work Here” videos. Your candidates should understand your company culture. Videos are a huge part of the mobile experience.
8. Mobilize Your Career and Student Fair Process. Are you getting inundated with paper resumes and business cards and do not have the mobile organizational tools to help? It is time to mobilize this effort and bring efficiencies to the career fair experience for your recruiters.
Mobile is a Customer Service Thing
Mobile is not a “web thing.” It’s really a customer service thing. When you treat mobile recruiting as an extension of your Talent Acquisition strategy, you are setting up success for your company, your brand, your candidates, and their ability to engage with you. Bottom line: going mobile will give you a lower defection rate, lower recruiting costs and a faster job fill rates.
Enter SourceMob – No Two Talent Organizations are Alike…
SourceMob is not a templated social, community and mobile recruiting solution. Our services include recruiting technology, consulting, analytics, and marketing, all of which are designed to deliver recruiting success to our clients. We do not simply provide the technology and let you figure out how to apply it. We properly customize our solutions to fit your business needs and help your Talent Acquisition team succeed.
To learn more about SourceMob’s best practices for social and mobile recruiting, give me a call at 612-249-2740 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
CEO – SourceMob